Saturday, January 15, 2011

Someday

Someday my house will be clean and stay that way for longer than 2 1/2 minutes. Someday I will only have to worry about if I need to go potty. Someday I will cut apple slices and peel oranges and eat them myself. Someday I will be able to watch movies that are not animated. Someday I will open the pantry and not have fruit snacks and granola bars and Lucky Charms fall on me. Someday I will walk through the living room and not have to step over Legos and Pokemon cards and plastic horses and sippy cups. Someday I will have time to read something other than Biscuit's New Friend and Dora's Birthday Surprise. Someday I will pour a glass of Diet Coke and not have to hide it or share it. Someday. But not today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

jen-those days come to fast-enjoy these days with that big huggable husband while you can. jmk

Allison said...

It sounds like someday will be sad!!!

Jen said...

jmk and Allison, be sure to stop by for Blessed Sunday tomorrow.

kathy said...

when that day comes, i will be close and lean over to take a sip of your diet coke, just so you can relive these days a bit.

word verification: luanon; as in, "if you don't stop going to those Hawaiian parties, you will have to start attending luanon meetings."

Katrina said...

I think that day will come all too soon for all of us. I was just thinking about that when Katie asked me to tuck her in last night. Even though I was all comfy and settled on the couch, I got up to do it, because I never know when it's going to be the last time she asks. :)

But I'm sure Someday will have its own perks, too. Like spending uninterrupted time in the bathroom and actually sleeping in on a Saturday...lol!

Jen said...

Kathy, thanks. I can always count on you.

Katrina, people sleep in on Saturdays?!?!

MarmiteToasty said...

Believe me, I use to think the same about the cartoon films, but you know what, I so miss going to the cinema with my lads to watch kids films, now they are older they go with their girlfriends and mates, so I no longer go to the cinema which I use to love..

x