Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

Last night as I lay in bed at 1ish,* I felt for the first time in years, actually excited for the beginning of a new year. After a few years of more downs than ups, I'm ready for a fresh start, one way or another. I'm looking forward to a year of changes for the better.** So I fell asleep with a smile on my face and hope in my heart.

Then at 4:30 Jules woke up coughing and wanted to snuggle so I did what all mommies do, I got up and got her out of bed and headed to the couch for a few minutes of comfort. As I walked down the hall I noticed that the dogs, who were in because of the freezing temperatures, had gotten one of Julianna's toys and I knew that if Piper had a chance, she'd chew it up. So I sat Jules down on the couch and walked into the kitchen to move the toy out of reach. Just as I went to kick the toy away from the puppy, I realized that I was standing in something wet...at that same moment my feet slipped out from under me and I fell with a hard thud onto the kitchen floor. Into a puddle of...wait for it...puppy pee.

All I can say is, if the beginning of my new year is any indication of how the rest of the year will go, I'll just be in my room until 2012. Really, falling in a puddle of pee can't be a good sign.

*I was up past midnight mostly because we were watching movies. Avatar, which I liked a lot more than I expected. Maybe liked it even enough to buy it for our collection. And to see the next one at the theater. And The A Team, which I'm not ashamed to admit, I loved. Bradley Cooper is a really good Face.

**Please pray for a new job possibility that Arrty has right now. We really, really, really want this job. Please pray. And then pray again. Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way, all things are normal and with this start of year things have a great potential to be better. Ivan

Katrina said...

You know the theater adage that if the dress rehearsal is bad, opening night will be great? Maybe it works the same way with puppy pee.

At any rate, I pray wonderful things for all of you this year. God is on His throne and He is at work in the lives of His beloved children.

Love you, Jen!

Jen said...

Ivan, you're right! Thanks for the perspective.

Katrina, I hope "opening night" rocks! Thanks for the encouragement.