Monday, March 03, 2008

March

It's March...and it's snowing AGAIN.

March is a good month. And not just because it's my birthday month.

March 1st is my favorite (and only) nephew's birthday. We went to his birthday party on Saturday. It was a pirate party. He, of course, was Captain Jack Sparrow...even cuter than the original, I might add. And all of the kids were given pirate garb and pirate names. My sister did such a great job with the party. The cake was the cutest. It was a pirate ship complete with cannons. The kids all had such a great time and the adults had fun watching them. There was a scary moment when Josh was momentarily possessed by the pinata monster and almost got into a fight with a 5 year old girl over two tootsie rolls. He later apologized and gave her some of his pirate treasure.

Yesterday was March 2nd and I realized sometime during the day that it was exactly 3 months until my daughter will be born. A slight panic set in knowing that it will go so fast and her bedroom is still the computer/toy room. I have to get moving so that she doesn't have to sleep in a dresser drawer.

Today I had 4 students (out of 13) absent. And I'm sorry that they are sick. Really. But it was nice having a smaller class. Especially since two of the ones who were gone are what teachers call "challenges."

And tomorrow is my birthday. The big 3-6.

So March has already been good and there's lots more to look forward to. Most of all SPRING. That is if it ever stops snowing!

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when we looked out the window and there was a blizzard outside!

Happy birthday!

Katrina said...

Say "my daughter" again! That sounds so cool. :) And Happy B-Day, my friend. Can't wait to help you celebrate it!

Anonymous said...

A little late, but Happy Birthday nonetheless. The Stickman