Friday, July 03, 2009

Happy 3rd of July!!!

This is a day recognized in my family by the following activities. Frantically cleaning the house. Getting out all the yard toys and pools and water guns and slip and slides. Setting up the canopy in the front yard for shade. Spraying off the lawn furniture. Filling two big coolers with ice and pop and water. Counting hamburger patties, hot dogs and buns. Making sure there's enough ketchup. And then cleaning house again (because you know who I live with).

All this in preparation for...

The 5th Annual R. Family 4th of July Extravaganza!

8 comments:

April said...

I am contemplating getting in the van and driving to your 4th of July party! We had so much fun when we were there....have a great party tomorrow!

Allison said...

We are looking forward to it!

kathy said...

and you say i'm distracting. i thought you had a floor to mop, or was that "a blog to write"? so, what are your plans to keep the shade from blowing away this year?

Katrina said...

Woowoooo! We can't wait!

word verification: gownie. Gownie, gownie, gownie!

Jen said...

April, wish you could be here!

Allison, us too!

Kathy, the plan is that we tie one kid to each canopy post. I think they're big enough this year to keep it from blowing away. Oh, and I did this before the emails.

Katrina, gownie, is that more like a goonie or a brownie?

kathy said...

if the kids are tied to it, the shade will end up spinning like a may pole dance. or it will end up in a big wad. either way, it should be entertaining.

my word verification was: tingsob

i like it. what do you think it should mean?

MarmiteToasty said...

I LOVE fireworks and would love to be there with ya.... I'd help ya with the food and stuff..... hope you had the most wonderful day....

x

Jen said...

Kathy, that was all a moot point wasn't it?!?

Marmie, I wish you could have been here, too. I would love to try some of your yummy cooking. I'm sure it's so much better than my store bought potato salad! :)