Thursday, October 01, 2009

10 Things Thursday

10 things I'm thankful for today...


1. that Josh's teeth that he injured in yesterday's playground incident are baby teeth (And the one he knocked loose is supposed to fall out around his age anyways.)

2. that the $159.00 bill to fix his chipped tooth is covered by insurance (which is a new policy that I only remembered after writing a check that I then happily was able to shred)

3. that when I drop off Julianna to my sister in the mornings, she happily waves and says, "bye" (I don't think I could handle it if she cried.)

4. that today is jeans day at school (I'm especially thankful since jeans are the only pants I had clean this morning.)

5. that our sweet lunch lady just delivered my free lunch to my desk in a brown paper sack complete with my name and a smiley face on the bag (It's a ham and cheese sandwich, goldfish crackers, a fresh pear, and two cookies.)

6. that this horrible cough and cold that I have had the last few days is starting to wind down (Now if I could just sleep through the night.)

7. that all my kindergartners, for the first time all year, had the right hand on their hearts during the Pledge of Allegiance in chapel this morning (Well, except for one of the girls from my class who was standing in front leading the pledge.)

8. that I have an ice cold Diet Coke sitting on my desk (Actually there are two. But who's counting?)

9. that tomorrow is a teacher work day at school, which is almost like a day off (Especially since we are taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese after we do our "work.")

10. that God provides better than I deserve (And I know it...even when times are hard.)

1 comment:

Ada said...

Tell Josh to stay off the killer bars. Geesh.

Jules has fun here with us. We snack and read books and she gets a nap. Super fun.