Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessed Sunday

I'm not a big fan of grocery shopping. Is anyone? But this week I felt extremely blessed to go to the grocery store and load up my cart with fresh produce and meat and bread and milk for my family. I can pretty much buy whatever I want when I go shopping. And even though I try to be frugal and plan ahead to save money, I can still throw in a bag of chips and a box of Oreos if I want. I can buy a treat for the kids and know that it won't break the bank. So this week when I was able to do this, and remembered that everyone isn't, I felt blessed.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

You are so right! I find that I can discover a blessing in just about any chore that I don't enjoy--laundry, dishes, yardwork. These things show how much my cup is running over!

Great post, Jen! :)

kathy said...

we are.

my word verification: pigent
definition- a gentlemanly swine.

Ada said...

I love to grocery shop. I just make sure to do it on a full belly. :)

Unknown said...

Yes it is such a blessing to have a selection of every food we could imagine mere miles from us. And the money to buy whatever we want. I'm the same way; frugal and budgeted, but if I want to by Lily (or myself) a treat now and then, I can! What a blessing!