10 Things about my mom...
1. She is good. She's just good. Whenever I have been in a class studying the fruits of the spirit and they ask what "goodness" is, I always think of her. Heart, soul, and mind. She is good.
2. She is industrious. She does more before breakfast than most people, including me, does all day.
3. She has a green thumb. She can keep plants alive indoors, which is something I can't do. And she grows an amazing garden every summer. You should see it. It's beautiful. And she shares all the things she grows--corn, beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and more.
4. She is funny. She's a normally pretty quiet person, but sometimes she says or does things that are completely unexpected and hilarious. And she just keeps getting funnier.
5. She is domestic. She cans and sews and crochets and refinishes furniture and cooks from scratch. And she does it all well.
6. She loves antiques. I always know if she finds something interesting, because she turns it over to see what's written on the bottom. She reads antique books and watches Antique Roadshow for fun.
7. She is the world's best grandma. She loves her grandkids so very much and they all know it. She has fun with them, teaches them things, lets them be themselves, and makes them feel at home in her home. I'm pretty sure at least one of mine would move in with her if I'd let him.
8. She is a rock. She is the reason that our family is what it is. She has held us together through ups and downs and continues to be our strength.
9. She is my friend. She and I have a unique relationship for a mother and daughter, I think. We have never had a fight or argument. Not in all my 37 years. She had never said an unkind word to me, and I've never even had a reason to say an unkind word to her. I can talk to her and she understands. I can count on her no matter what.
10. Today is her birthday. Happy birthday, mom. You are amazing. I love you.