Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blessed Sunday

It's Sunday. Which means that tomorrow is Monday. Which means that I start a new work week. Which means that I will drop my super sweet baby girl off with my super sweet little sister. Which reminds me that Ada is a huge blessing in my life. Not just because she takes care of my daughter so well and loves her almost as much as me. Not just because she changes Julianna's diapers and feeds her snacks and carries her around and hugs her when I'm not around to do it. But Ada is a blessing because she is, and has been since I was almost 6 years old, my sister and my friend. I don't remember much about when my parents brought her home. I don't think I was jealous. I'm smiling in all the pictures of us. When I was 10 and she was 4, I began babysitting her while mom and dad were at work. I remember that she wouldn't take a nap and 10 year old me tried to force her to. I learned quickly that you don't force Ada to do anything she doesn't want to do. I remember those summers when it was just she and I and we rode our bikes to the beach and I laid in the sun and she did tricks in the water. I would score her like it was the Olympics. I always scored high. I remember taking her with me and my friends when we went to the movies or skating. She was always good company and it didn't bother me that she was so much younger. I remember driving her to school when she "missed" the bus and now wish I would have driven her everyday so that she didn't have to worry about the bus. I remember all the times she's made me laugh. More than anyone else in my life. I remember the day her first baby was born and how proud I was of her. And I remember the day her second baby was born and how I prayed every minute. And how proud I was again. I remember the day she married her husband and how happy I was that she was happy. And how much I knew that she deserved that happiness. I remember last week when I went to pick up Jules and there she was standing in the kitchen with Ada as happy as can be. And for the millionth time since I've had a sister, I counted her as a blessing.

4 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your beautiful sister......

I to have a sister..... one would never know.....

x

Me~Kelly said...

i also count her as a blessing in my life. i dont have a sister and i am thankful that you share yours with me :)

Katrina said...

Awww...this makes me miss Amber!

Sisters are an awesome gift. Glad you have such a special one!

Ada said...

You got me this week...didn't see that coming.

And, thank you. Really.
I am blessed that you trust me/love me enough to leave that precious little girl with me.
I do love her so. Today when she woke up she was standing in the crib talking and I went in there to get her and just hugged her and kissed her face off. She is so pefect. I love watching her "play" with Abby. I love taking her for walks and hearing her babble about what she sees. I love when she does the sign for more and I give her something delish and she smiles super big.

I think Jules is a blessing to me. And so are you.

Love you.

a