Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blessed Sunday

Yesterday I told my husband that I had a free movie ticket that was about to expire and that I was thinking about going to use it. He said that I should. He knows how much I love to go to the movies by myself. He knows that every once in a while I just need to take a break. So he told me to go. He would take care of the kids and feed them dinner. I ran a few errands on the way into town and called on my way to the theater to make sure everyone was okay. I told him that I was feeling a little guilty. He told me I shouldn't. It helped a little. I had a nice time watching The Traveler's Wife. I laughed out loud at the previews. I drank my Diet Coke all by myself. I cried at the movie and didn't worry about who saw. I enjoyed it so much. Then on the way home, I thought about my dear husband and how well he knows me. And how much he loves me. And what a blessing he is to me every single day of my life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like fun. It's always nice to have a husband who knows what you want, and then makes sure you get it every now ans then. I have one of those too, and they truly are a blessing.

marci said...

If I agree that we are all as lucky to have our husbands as they are to have us, may I redirect your attention to the comment section of Wednesday, September 16, 2009. I'm just catching up on my blog reading, but it is no fun to comment if no one reads it!

Jen said...

Marci, thanks for the new comment alert. That's so funny about Amelia saying please! I guess it doesn't matter where they learn it as long as they learn it. :)

And be prepared because from now on, whenever we're together, I will be looking for the perfect time to ask you how to spell "aardvark."

MarmiteToasty said...

Yep, he sounds like a diamond geezer :)

x