Saturday, June 30, 2007

"Craft Night"

We had "craft night" Saturday night at church. This is one of the ministries I am involved in. I love to organize this fun night for the ladies. We call it "craft night," but here's what I did.


I set up the tables and chairs in the "bus barn" where the event was to be held.


I copied "Grace Notes" (the newsletter I do for church) and stuffed it in the mailboxes.


I went to Costco with Kathy for her latte freeze and my berry smoothie.


Then we went to Safeway for Chinese food.


We went back to the church building to find no one was there even though "craft night" officially started 42 minutes earlier.


We ate our chinese food and talked.


We considered taking off for a movie.


We finally broke out the actual craft stuff.


I worked on my scrapbook of pictures and journaling from our spring break trip to Seattle.


Kathy and I went in to the church building to prepare the communion trays for Sunday.


I went back to working on the scrapbook and visited with a few others who came in a little late.


We all considered going to the movies, but decided that the movies we wanted to see should be seen with our husbands and/or children.


I tried to help Kathy reply to a text message. (We didn't figure it out.)

I finished my beautiful scrapbook! Yeah!!


I finished my chinese food.


I cleaned up.


I made 3 cards.


I loaded my stuff in the car and helped Kathy do the same.


Now you know why I always put quotation marks around "craft night." Only about 20% of what happens actually includes crafts. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love "craft night", even when we don't craft! Thanks for planning it!

Jen said...

Thanks for coming. There's no way I could have eaten all that chinese food! :)