Thursday, June 07, 2007

Done

Okay, I'm back. Since my last post I have finished the school year. The last few days are very busy which is why I haven't posted for the last week. Monday was kindergarten graduation rehearsal, graduation preparations, our school's night at Triple Play, and swim lessons for the boys. Tuesday was more graduation practice, decorating for the reception, picking up the cakes, the graduation ceremony, the reception, and finishing report cards, awards, and thank you cards. Wednesday was our last day with awards presentations and lunch with the staff. Today, I went to school and cleaned my room, did book inventory, and completed my students files. So now, here I sit officially finished with the 2006-2007 school year. It went by so fast. Amazingly fast. Graduation went well, and although I did have to pause for a moment to compose myself, I didn't cry. I graduated my little class of 5 and 6 year olds each of whom now has his or her own little spot in my heart. One of my students is especially special and made it difficult to hold in the tears on Tuesday night. My own baby, Adam, graduated. He is officially a first grader. He'll go to school all day. He'll have spelling tests and homework and real grades. And I will have no one to spend my afternoons with. (I actually volunteered to teach 7th and 8th grade math and science in the afternoons next year. That should make for some great blogging!)

But even though I will miss my kids, I am so looking forward to summer. Last summer was spent in pain and physical therapy so I feel like I missed my absolute favorite time of year. But this summer will be different. Days at the beach. Mornings sitting on the porch reading good books. Time playing with the boys. Hikes with my family. Time to organize my house. Free movies at Riverstone. Afternoons in the park. Walks in the cool of the evenings. Hours of scrapbooking bliss. Ahh. I can't help but smile just thinking about it. And I can't wait to get started. Now I just have to decide which to do first!

No comments: