Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Millie

Saturday was girl's night out. For a few years now, a bunch of us have bought summer theater tickets and Saturday was our first show. We all met at Applebee's for dinner. (I had garlic and asiago chicken. It was yummy. I wish I had some right now!) During dinner we passed around prom pictures and told stories. It was so much fun and a great way to learn something new about each other. After dinner we rushed to the theater. We were a little late, so by the time I dropped everyone at the door and parked, I barely made it before curtain. (Thanks, Kathy, for waiting for me!) The show was "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and it was great. It was well acted and funny and so entertaining. I love the story about how Millie wants to be "a modern" but finds out that deep down she's not so modern after all. Maybe I've seen too many plays, but I knew from the time she tripped Jimmy that they would fall in love. But it was fun to watch how the relationship progressed. They both fought it. He didn't want to be tied down. She didn't want to be poor. But fight as they may, love overcame--as it usually does. And then, guess what?! He was rich! (I knew that, too, about halfway through the play.) It was so much fun, as always. The company was the best. The show was great. The conversation was...well... interesting. (What happens at Applebee's...) Only a few weeks until the next show. I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Oh, yes! A truly magnificent night! (And the conversation gave me lots of material for class...well, the parts I could repeat, anyway.)