Friday, June 08, 2007

Stalling

My children are stallers. They are experts at avoiding actually falling asleep at bedtime. Trips to the bathroom, drinks, forgotten stuffed animals in the living room, funny stories they forgot to tell me, being too warm, being too cool, messed up blankets, toenails that need to be cut, backs that need to be scratched, questions that can't wait until morning. All these and more come up each night to postpone falling asleep. And sitting here, I just realized where they get it. From me! I should be doing one of at least 100 things on my to do list, yet here I sit telling you all the things that I should be doing instead of actually doing any of them. Today's priorities are cleaning the house, doing laundry, typing Grace Notes, and making a grocery list. So, instead of going into great detail about the most effective way to disinfect a bathroom used by two little boys, I will go now and get my gas mask and rubber gloves and dive right in. (Figuratively speaking, of course.) Wish me luck!

No comments: