10 things Julianna has reminded me about being a mom...
1. My kids are cute. They are cute babies and toddlers and the boys are still cute at 8 and 10. At least most of the time, anyway.
2. My kids are smart. They have all amazed me at how quickly they learn and how much they know at such an early age. Miss Julianna is super smart. She understands everything I say and can say probably 100 words. Not that anyone outside the family knows that since she gets shy around people and won't even say "hi."
3. My kids hit the terrible twos at 18 months. All three of them have. Complete with a stubborn streak, tantrums, and "no."
4. My kids make me laugh. They are silly and sweet and hilarious. Like the other night when Julianna said, "Mama. Mama. Mama." And I answered, "What, Julianna." And she said, "Umm. Umm. Umm," like she was thinking of something to say. I just had to laugh. Which made her do it over and over and over.
5. My kids can drive me crazy. The big ones with their arguing with each other and me. And the little one when she doesn't get enough sleep and turns into a crabcake.
6. My kids are strong willed. They each have moments when they won't budge. Won't give up. Won't give in. I have no idea where they get it.
7. My kids are loved. There are so many people in our lives who adore them. They are never, ever lacking for love.
8. My kids make messes. Our floors and tables and couch are often covered with lightsabers, books, backpacks, and now dolls, blocks, and more books. Our house always looks lived in.
9. My kids are gifts. I thank God everyday for each one of them. They are an answer to prayers.
10. My kids are my purpose. They are why I'm here. Yes, I am a wife and daughter and sister and aunt and friend and teacher. But for now I am mom. And I'm glad.