10 things I did before 10am today...
1. threw a party...well, started to throw a party. But as soon as I realized that it was a pity party, I cancelled it. Yes, I'm a nice person. Yes, I try to do what's right. But, like I've told Josh and Adam a hundred times, life isn't fair. Move on.
2. was a little louder than usual making lunches hoping that my sweet daughter would wake up before I left so that I could hug her and kiss her soft cheeks. It worked.
3. made the boys homemade egg mcmuffins...it was worth the extra few minutes it took to know that they were happy and full to start the day.
4. prayed with my friends. We have staff prayer time every morning before school. It's a real blessing.
5. smiled in chapel when, upon being asked if anyone had ever had a deer for a pet, the little girl next to me raised her hand. When I asked her if she had really had a pet deer, she said, "Well, I have the horns."
6. laughed out loud when one of my students told me that her sister (who was in my class two years ago) called me Mrs. Weird because she couldn't say my real name. Mrs. Weird...if she only knew.
7. put up a stocking in the hall outside my classroom for "Drkvature." (Dark Vader, or Darth Vader if you prefer. It was actually just one of my students, who wrote that instead of his real name. Too bad for him because he'd probably get something good in his stocking, but I'm pretty sure Drkvature is getting coal.)
8. tied 7 shoes and zipped 5 coats.
9. forgot to give milk to the kids who ordered it for snack...again.
10. kissed the tops of Josh and Adam's heads before I sent them to class. I do it as much as I can these days before I have to ask them to bend down to do it. It won't be long. Not nearly long enough.
Today's Mitzvah--I am sending pictures of the kids with Santa to my in-laws. They adore the kids but don't get to see them often. They will be thrilled.