Saturday, December 05, 2009

Craft Fair

Our school had our annual craft and gift fair today. We had about 30 vendors selling scarves, cards, soap, jewelry, candles and at least a hundred other things. It's always a fun day and a good community outreach project for our school. I had a booth and sold Avon. I spent almost as much as I made, but I got to spend the day with my sister who had her booth next to mine. We don't often get to spend time together without being interrupted by rowdy boys or babies needing to be changed or fed or held. And although I love sharing motherhood with her, it was nice to have a day of simply sisterhood.


Today's mitzvah--My mom took care of the kids today while I worked the craft fair and when I went to pick them up, I took her a poinsettia. She is an amazing, wonderful mom and grandma. There aren't enough poinsettias in the world to tell her how much I love her, but I hope the one I gave her today is one little reminder of how I feel.

1 comment:

Ada said...

it was a nice day...a winter treat for us to sit and share no bakes without little boy hands in the bag. hee hee.

Really...I had a great time with you. Loves.