Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Two For Tuesday

Two things Julianna said this morning.

"I do it myself!" Every mother's dream...and nightmare. It's a dream because it signals a little independence and maybe, just maybe, I won't have to put her socks on her for the rest of her life. And a nightmare because she always wants to do it herself when we have exactly 12 seconds to get out the door if we're going to be on time and it takes her a lot longer than 12 seconds to put on her socks. (She also wanted to put on her pull-up and then wear her pants pulled down around her knees so that you could see the princesses on her pull-up.)

"Mommy's so cute right now." She composed a song (of course) using this phrase over and over and over. It may have been the sweetest thing I've ever heard.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know! Why can't they want to do it themselves when you're busy fixing dinner or something?

I also love the spontaneous complement stage. It's like they're trying it out to see how it works. But to get a whole song dedicated to you, well that's special. :)