Sunday, November 15, 2009

Blessed Sunday

We have a ministry at church called "Secret Sisters." Every few months the ladies who want to participate fill out an information sheet and we exchange them and encourage the sister whose name we receive. We can give notes or gifts at church or send cards in the mail. But the most important part is that we pray for that sister. And we have a sister who is praying us. So right now I have a secret sister that I have been encouraging and I have a sister who has been encouraging me.

Today I had in my church mailbox, a card that was so sweet. My dear sister, whoever she is, wrote this, "You are an awesome mom! You have a beautiful family and God blessed them with a beautiful mother." How wonderful is that? I don't know who she is, but that simple statement means the world to me. What a blessing to have a Christian family. And what a blessing to have such a loving sister in Christ.

In a few weeks we will have our "reveal" and I will find out who she is. I can't wait to thank her for all she's done for me the last few months. She has been an amazing secret sister and she, and her prayers, have been a real blessing.

P.S. I also have a not-so-secret-sister who I adore and who has also been encouraging me over the last several months. So that makes me double blessed, I guess. :)

No comments: