Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ho Ho Ho!


Santa visited our school yesterday. The kids all had the chance to get their pictures taken with he and Mrs. Claus. Now there are those "Santas" around who say they are the real thing, but are, in fact, just helping the real Santa out before the big day. Our Santa is the real thing. How do I know? Well, for one thing, I have dinner with him every week. And I have prayed with him. And heard his stories. So if the real Santa is the embodiment of love and generosity and fun, this one, the one I know, must be him.

After he and his lovely wife finished getting their picture taken with 100 children, they joined us for lunch. But first, he took the stage and declared that is elf, Elvin, in the North Pole, had just checked the good and naughty lists and informed him that everyone at CCS was on the good list. Cheers broke out all over the room. (Even though some of us teachers had our doubts.)

And after it was all said and done, he told me, that by organizing his visit, I had done a good thing. I loved hearing that because my whole purpose in this life is to do good things for God's children.

And besides that, who doesn't want to be on Santa's good list?!

1 comment:

Ada said...

You did do a good thing. Did you see the pic of my kids. ADORABLE.

I should've asked about me...I might be on the naughty list this year...oopsy!

Are you kidding me? My word verify is izedouti. Like I's a doubty that I'm on the good list. Double love it.