Monday, November 19, 2007

American Music Awards

Here are some observations I made during the show last night:

1. Daughtry rocks! More specifically, Chris Daughtry rocks. He writes amazing songs, performs them with that great voice, and looks good doing it. He is also loyal to the band that he was with long before Americal Idol and turned down the lead singer job with an established band to risk it all with these guys. And he never lets anyone forget that Daughtry is a band, not just a guy. Pretty cool. They won the first award of the night last night, breakthrough artist. He gave a great speech thanking the fans and God and the band members' "wives for doing the real work of being at home and taking care of the kids." How cool is that? They went on to win the adult contemporary award and the pop/rock group award. And then topped off the show with a great acoustic performance of "Home." I even stayed up until 11:00 to see it. Not much can keep me up past 9:30 these days. But it was so worth it.

2. How cute are the Jonas Brothers? They had hundreds of 13 year old girls screaming their little hearts out. And the lead singer was channeling Mick Jagger last night. He had the outfit and the moves.

3. I'm not a big Celine Dion fan, but I really liked her new song, "Taking Chances." She came really close to rocking the house. Strange but true.

4. There are some young singers with amazing voices. Rihanna and Alicia Keys to name two.

5. Duran Duran still sounds like Duran Duran. I hate it when bands "come back" with a completely different sound. Their new song is cool and they also sang "Hungry Like The Wolf" which was great. And John is still the cute one.

6. Where else on earth could you see Carrie Underwood hugging Slash? She hid her fear well. She only looked a little alarmed.

7. Whatever happened to last names? Fergie, Rihanna, Beyonce, Usher, Akon, Fantasia?

8. Special thanks to Fergie for bringing boyfriend Josh Duhamel to the show. He was the icing on the top of the Chris Daughtry cake. :)

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I *heart* Daughtry! I wonder when we can expect album #2?

Anonymous said...

does josh duhanel happen to look anything like vin diesel?

Ada said...

I only caught glimpses of it. But I did get to see that cute Josh. I also saw the thing for Beyonce which made me really really like her. She really has some talent, the voice, that dance and she seems to sweetly accept it.

Jen said...

Katrina, I was wondering the same thing. Soon I hope.

Kathy, he does not. He has hair for one. He's the guy from "Las Vegas" and "Win A Date With Tad Hamilton."

Ada, I like Beyonce more now, too. She was very gracious.

Pam said...

ohmygoodness...my girls just SCREAMED when the jo bros came on. girls have posters on their walls. and joe recovered like a real trooper from tripping. and hey, not to mention they don't sing about sex, strippers, and gansters lol

did yall like the country version of beyonce's irreplaceable? my girls and i enjoyed it.

and as far as josh goes, he looked a wee bit drunk or on something last night...but that could just be me lol