Thursday, November 15, 2007

Music In The Air

I watched the Country Music Awards last weekend and am looking forward to the American Music Awards on Sunday. As I watched all the great acts (Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts and Jamie Foxx, The Eagles, Brooks and Dunn), it made me think of the concerts that I have gone to. They are:

Richard Marx (It was the 80's)
Little River Band and America (outdoor concert with a bunch of people way older than us)
Garth Brooks (joined on stage by Trisha Yearwood)
Dixie Chicks (they rocked then and now)
Jodee Mecina (opening act was Rascal Flatts)
Hootie and the Blowfish (so fun, their last concert of the tour)
The Gaithers (with my mom)

It's not a huge list, but it's a good one. There are so many that I would like to see, though. Like:

Daughtry (my favorite)
Bon Jovi (good old stuff, good new stuff)
Aerosmith (Hello! Steven Tyler)
Brooks and Dunn (great songs)
Dave Matthews (more great songs)
Alison Kraus (and hope a little of her talent travels through the air to me)
Santana (amazing music)
Duran Duran (They have new music!)

I'm sure there are lots more, but these are the top of the list. Until they come to Spokane I'll just have to enjoy their performances on the small screen. Daughtry's up for a bunch of AMAs and is performing at the show. Yeah!

4 comments:

Regina said...

Hi, Jen. I just wanted to comment a congratulations on your pregnancy!! I pop on your blog from time to time and have enjoyed reading your thoughts about being pregnant and teaching kindergarten. I'm impressed at your NaBloPoMo abilities also. Katrina was after me to do it too, but I've already flaked out. I hope you and Katrina make it to the finish line!! : )

Ada said...

So I went with you to 3 of your 7 and have been to 2 of your wish list ones. But here is the deal...if you get tickets to Bon Jovi or Alison Krauss and you better buy one for me. They are definitely on my wish list. One final note...Duran Duran? Really? Didn't they have that weird video where there was a real girl and a boy that was a drawing and he ran himself into the wall a few dozen times? Yikes.

Jen said...

Regina, thanks for stopping by. And thanks for the congrats!

Ada, That was not Duran Duran. That was A-ha. And I liked that video (even though it was a little weird). Duran Duran sang "Hungry Like The Wolf" and "Rio."

Katrina said...

Bon Jovi tickets? Sign me up!!!