Tuesday, November 27, 2007

August

The post a few days ago about music actually started out to be about the movie "August Rush," but it became it's own post. So here's the post about the movie. The first time I saw the preview for "August Rush," I knew that it was a movie that I would love. When the preview makes me cry, I know the movie has got to be good. And it was. I laughed and cried and cheered for August.

The movie is about an eleven year old boy who has been separated from his parents since birth. He is played by the amazing Freddie Highmore. From the opening scene when this boy is standing in a field of tall grass directing the orchestra he was hearing in the nature around him, I loved him. August turns out to be a sweet, brilliant child and before long I wanted to adopt him myself.

He ends up going out into the world looking for his lost parents because he can hear their music and thinks that if he makes music too, they will be able to hear him and find him. He has adventure after adventure searching for his parents. And finds out a lot about himself and the world on the way.

But the best part of the movie is the music. The music from instruments. The music from the world. The music from everything. August sees the world with his ears. And throughout the movie, that's how I saw it, too.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I can't wait to see this! Thanks for the great review. It's definitely on my must-see list!

(By the way, I'm thinking GIRLS NIGHT to go see Gerard Butler's newest: P.S. I Love You. Are you in?)

Jen said...

Katrina, I am so in. They showed the preview before August Rush and I was hooked. Gerard Butler, Ireland, karaoke. What more do you need?

Katrina said...

Nothing at all, my friend. Those are my Great Movie Requirements, in a nutshell. I haven't even seen it and I already want to own the DVD.