Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Cupcakes For Everyone!

I have had 3 birthdays in my class in the past 4 days. I only have 14 students, so three birthdays so close together is kind of strange. But more than that, it means 3 days of cookies or cupcakes or parties. Not to mention invitations to weekend parties. This all adds up to kindergarten overload. To combat the sugar and excitement, I have created a new seating chart, shortened free time and declared war on any talk of birthdays except by the actual birthday child.

On the up side, most parents send an extra cupcake for me. Today's cupcakes are chocolate with chocolate frosting. And they're homemade, too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 down 11 to go. Next week you will be thankful that you got three behind you in one week!

Ada said...

I guess I really don't see a problem. Cupcakes and cookies on a daily basis. The only issue I see is that you should definitely tell the parents you are "eating for two" then you get two delicious treats. And perhaps if you just can't bare to eat them both you can bring one to me. :) Genius.

Anonymous said...

You just pointed out another fantastic plus for being a teacher I'll have to share with the hubbie. (I won't mention the sugar-induced chaos that ensues).

Katrina said...

You know, as a parent, I've never really considered the consequences for the teacher when I send in sugary birthday treats for the class. Hmmm... Maybe this year, I'll go with a nice tray of crudités?

Anonymous said...

katrina, no.

Ada said...

Um, Kathy...I just laughed out loud which wouldn't be a problem except that I am at work and all of my office mates looked at me like I'm crazy. Of course then I can't explain that I am reading my sister's blog AT WORK so I have to go w/yes..I am crazy.

MarmiteToasty said...

:) LOL@cupcakes, we call them 'fairy cakes' here..... and.... ya can NEVER have enough fairycakes :)

x