Monday, November 12, 2007

Questions, Questions

Here are the questions you get asked when you are a 35 year old mother of two elementary aged sons when people find out that you are pregnant.

1. Was it a surprise? (No, it was planned. It was, however, postponed for a year due to the craziness of the last year.)
2. Do you want a girl this time? (It might be nice to see what it's like. But I already have the boy thing down, so another boy would be okay, too. Plus I would be able to refer to "my three sons.")
3. Do you still have your baby stuff? (No, except for a couple of diapers I found under the bathroom sink and few stray sippy cups. When Adam was two, we sold everything thinking we were done having kids. Plans change I guess.)
4. Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl? (Yes. We didn't find out with Josh, which was really fun. We did find out with Adam, which helped me bond with him before he was born. And this time everyone is wanting to know as soon as possible, including me. We should be able to find out sometime around the beginning of the year.)
5. When is the baby due? (The due date is June 6th, but it will be scheduled a week or so earlier. I'm really hoping to be able to wait until June. We'll see what happens.)
6. Are you excited? (Yes, more and more every day.)
7. Are the boys excited? (Very. They are already planning what they can teach the baby and giving name suggestions.)
8. How are you feeling? (Mostly good. There's some morning and evening sickness. But it hasn't been too bad so far.)
9. Are you going to have more? (Umm, no. I'm already at advanced maternal age. This one is it!)
10. Are you crazy? (Mostly I ask this of myself and the answer is yes, just a little bit.)

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I have one!: "Will you be bringing the babe with you on our next Moms Gone Wild trip?" Also: "How old will this child be before you name him/her?" ;)

Ada said...

I only have one...Will you please name the baby Julia Ada? Please? I'm going to call her Jules regardless. I know it doesn't have the greatest ring to it but I love the Jules part and we need to carry the Ada thing on. Dude...that way you have a J name and an A name and they are both biblical. Oh, this is sounding better by the minute. I really have an argument here. Ok, ok...if I don't have you yet how about this...if it is a girl (and not a fish) and the sweet thing doesn't have a name after 2 weeks (which is how long Josh was known as baby Rude 1) then the name shall stand Julia Ada Rude.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, Katrina AND Ada! See? I'm not the only one who remembers just how long it took for Josh to get his name! (and she calls me forgetful, sheesh...)

Jen said...

Fine! I know better than to argue with the three of you. Whatever you say about how long it took to name Josh. I refuse to defend myself again. But just so you all know, you will be the last to know the actual name we give Baby Rude #3!!! (If we even decide to name him/her at all. Maybe we'll just wait and let him/her name him/herself.)

Katrina said...

By the by, I think Kathy and Steve are no longer in need of baby names, so "Seamus" is up for grabs...