Thursday, November 08, 2007

Happy

On my desk I have one of those calendars that you tear a page from everyday. It is "5 Things to Be Happy About." I like it because everyday there is at least one thing that I really am happy about. Here are some of my favorites from this week so far.

*matinees
*apple pie and ice cream
*time to be quiet
*a room filled with loved ones
*the right to vote
*sketches in your journal
*meditating on the morning commute
*chicken pot pie in a flaky crust
*standing up for a friend
*collapsing on a soft mattress
*dipping a finger in the peanut butter
*sliding into slippers

All such good things to make me happy. The one that would make me the most happy at this very moment: collapsing on a soft mattress. (I really need a nap.)

2 comments:

Ada said...

So as you know we have the same calendar on our desks. The sweetest thing is the list you just made was my exact list. Exact. Do you think we could get that all in one day...ooh, that would be a good one huh? Love you sis.

Jen said...

Ada, great minds think alike. When's the next day we both have off from work? I'll bet we could have a very happy day. :)