Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Realization

First, let me say that I promise that every post between now and June will not be about being pregnant. But this one is.

Yesterday I went in to have blood drawn for routine prenatal tests. I got right in but was dreading the procedure. I have had it done many times and know it's not a big deal, but still. There is a needle and blood involved. As the lady was preparing my arm for the needle, and I sat there worrying over the little poke, I realized that this was so just the beginning of what is going to be done to me over the next 6 1/2 months. There will be stretching and numerous other things happening to my body that you know about if you've been there and don't want to hear about if you haven't. The baby is going to sit on my bladder and kick me in the kidneys. There will be all kinds of poking and prodding done by doctors and nurses. They are going to measure my belly. And weigh me ALL THE TIME. And then, to top it all off, they are going to stick a needle in my spine, cut me open, and pull a person out of me.

So, now that I think about it, having blood drawn isn't so bad.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the joys of motherhood.

Ada said...

Sounds really gross, Jen. That just might work for birth control for teens. :)

Katrina said...

At least you don't have to worry about the doctor knowing where to cut. Like me, you've already got the dotted line drawn!

When we were pregnant with Katie, my doctor was part of a teaching program, so I always had a group of gyno wannabes clustered around for every pelvic exam and ultrasound. It didn't take long for it to feel like my body didn't belong to me any more...lol!