Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bon Voyage

My sister and her Adam are on their honeymoon. Yes, they got married last summer but decided to wait until now to cruise the Mexican Riviera. Which sounds like a great idea to me considering it's below freezing at my house right now. But it made me think about traveling and some of the places that I would like to go. Here are a few:

Ireland--I've long been fascinated by Ireland. Maybe it was all those historical romance novels that I read back in the day that were set in some ancient castle with a strong, handsome lord who was just charming enough to win the fair maiden. Or maybe it's because when my ancestors came to this country their last name started with O'. Either way, any time I think of travel, Ireland is the first place that comes to mind.

Hawaii--I mostly just want to go to Hawaii just to say I've been there. And it looks so beautiful on TV. Plus, I love a good beach.

Zoo tour--I would love to take my family on a road trip around the country to visit all the great zoos and aquariums. Our family loves animals and I've always thought it would be fun to just spend several weeks seeing the country and visiting the zoos. The tricky part would be going at just the right time when the kids are old enough to enjoy it but not so old that they whine about being in a car with mom and dad for weeks. This will be especially tricky with the newby.

Bible lands--This trip is a little worrisome because of the unrest in that part of the world, but if it's ever safe, I would love to visit the places mentioned in the Bible. How cool would it be to walk where Jesus walked and see the seas and mountains that he saw? There's also a zoo in Jerusalem that has all the animals that are named in the Bible. Except maybe the leviathan.

Africa--You know when you watch those nature shows with African safaris and there are trucks driving around and all of a sudden they see a herd of elephants or zebras or giraffes? That would be so fun. I would love to go just for the pictures I'd come home with.

Washington, D.C.--The history in this city would be amazing to a history buff like me. To see the artwork and writings from the beginning of our country would be amazing. The Smithsonian would be my first stop. I'm sure I could spend days and days just wandering around looking at old, dusty documents.

This is a short list as I'm sure that there are many more places I'd love to see. But this is a good start for whenever I find the time and money.

2 comments:

MarmiteToasty said...

I dream of travelling all the states in america.... just picking up a map and drive drive drive.....

Sigh.......

I love to travel, its a bug I have like a stomach virus..... a few more years and I can sell up and use the money to travel the world on me own until the money runs out..... and then I would have to find a cliff to jump off LMFAO

x

Katrina said...

Sign me up for the Scottish highlands! I would love to wander over the moors like a character in a Bronte novel...