Saturday, November 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

1. Pregnant women should not go shopping when they're hungry. I ended up with a huge jar of dill pickles, Johnsonville Beddar Cheddar hot dogs and the expensive buns, a cheddar and bacon cheese ball, and a pound of monterey jack cheese. (Am I seeing a pattern with the cheese?) I did, however, resist the coconut cake and the tortilla chips and cheese dip. Barely.

2. Is it wrong that at this very minute I am allowing my children to play outside in the big puddle in our driveway in their brand new snow boots?

3. I love a good bargain. Last night I stopped in Kohl's because I had gotten a $10 gift card in the mail. I ended up getting 2 gameboy games for the boys for Christmas for $3.70. What a deal. (Kohl's is not a store I will shop at often, though. Too expensive for me even after their 50% off sales.)

4. I love Saturdays like today. No schedule. No pressure. And time to read and take a nap.

5. There are six 100 piece puzzles on my living room floor that Adam has put together since last night. He gets that from his dad. I do not have the attention span for puzzles.

6. I love it that my boys like to watch old cartoons like Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Scooby Doo.

7. I am so glad that today's precipitation is rain and not snow. I hope that it doesn't snow until Christmas vacation.

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I hope it doesn't snow until I get the snow tires put on our car. I don't want to be one of those poor people waiting in line for hours at Les Schwab's after the first snowfall.

Furthermore, I hope a craving for dill pickles (mmm...Vlasic!) and cheese doesn't always mean your pregnant, or I am in trouble. :)

Also, can I just say that I LOVE that you are letting your kids play in the rain? That is the best!

Katrina said...

your=you're (grrrr...)

Anonymous said...

katrina, you were wright the first time.

Idaho Dad said...

Jen, send me an email for that jazz CD!

Katrina said...

Heehee, Kathy!

Ada said...

1. You are going to love my Thanksgiving appetizers...cheesy cheesy.
2. It's only wrong if you didn't take pictures.
3. Gotta love those Kohls gift cards. I got a tee shirt for the brother in law and a new necklace for $4.15. oh, yeah baby!
4. You forgot to mention pajamas...all day pajamas.
5. Hmmm...sounds like I will be shopping for two puzzles this year.
6. I would totally rather watch Meet the Robinsons or Jimmy Neutron.
7. I will bring you some sun back from the Mexican Riveria!!! :)